7 Best Lenses for Canon Rebel T6i in 2024

By Tati Taylor 21 days ago, Cameras & Lenses

What are the best Сanon T6i lenses for the price?

top canon t6i lenses

If you are looking for the best lens for Canon Rebel T6i, mind that not every lens perfect for a full-frame DSLR will do. You have to take into consideration a number of significant parameters to make the right choice.

The Canon Rebel T6i was released in 2018. With its 24.2-megapixel sensor, the camera is staying on top of the game in its category ever since.

Top 7 Lenses for Canon Rebel T6i

1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Our Choice
  2. Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 - The best 85mm lens
  3. Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L- Telephoto lens
  4. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 - Macro lens
  5. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L - Wide-angle
  6. Sigma 20mm F1.4 - Lens by Sigma
  7. Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 - The best Canon T6I compatible lens

The following list contains seven great Canon T6i lenses presented on the nowadays’ market. Examine their pros and cons, a brief description of characteristics to pick the lens suitable for the photography genre and shooting conditions you are dealing with.

1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

Our Choice
canon t6i lenses

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 7 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 0.35m | Max magnification: 0.21x | Filter thread: mm | Dimensions (WxL):69.2 x 39.2mm | Weight: 160g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Sharp at f/1.8
⊕ Lightweight
⊕ Smooth and noiseless video focus
⊕ Budget option
⊖ Not the speediest focus
⊖ Can flare

Thanks to the wide aperture and low price, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II USM was the first lens of many photographers. Being updated for the first time in almost 20 years, this Canon Rebel T6 lens preserved its price and optics but incorporated a stepping motor (STM) for focus. The updated motor offers noiseless and smooth focus if you attach the lens to modern Canon cameras. However, the focus isn’t the speediest one.

2. Tamron SP 150-600mm

Best 85mm lens for Canon Rebel T6
canon t6i lenses tamron

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 9 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 0.22m | Max magnification: 0.26x | Filter thread: 0.95mm | Dimensions (WxL): 108.4 x 257.7mm | Weight: 1990g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Remarkable sharpness
⊕ Praiseworthy stabilization system
⊕ Speedy autofocus
⊕ Lockable zoom mechanism
⊖ Expensive

Recently, the 150-600mm telezoom lenses have entered the market. The first representative of such lenses was Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD. It was followed by the simultaneous release of consumer and top-class versions of Sigma 150-600mm. I wouldn’t say that the Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 could replace the brand’s first telezoom lens. In fact, it is more expensive and more reliable, boasts improved optic, a wonderful picture stabilization system and weather-resistant build.

3. Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L

Best Canon Rebel T6 telephoto lens
canon t6i lenses

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 9 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 0.85m | Max magnification: 0.12x | Filter thread: 77mm | Dimensions (WxL): 88.6 x 105.4mm | Weight: 950g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Sufficient sharpness
⊕ Optical stabilization
⊕ Splash- and dust-proof
⊕ Fluorine lens coat
⊖ Expensive
⊖ Dimmed corners at wide apertures

Plenty of photographers require picture stabilization on zoom lenses. However, top-grade models tend not to feature it, particularly those with an f/1.4 aperture. Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM ($1,599) is an exception. It is one of the best Canon Rebel T6 lenses due to the picture stabilization, remarkable picture quality, reliable build and not a bulky design.

4. Canon EF 70-300mm

Best macro lens for Canon Rebel T6
canon t6i lenses

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 9 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 1.2m | Max magnification: 0.25x | Filter thread: 67mm | Dimensions (WxL): 80.01 x 145.54mm | Weight: 710g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Compact dimensions
⊕ Optically stabilized
⊕ Full-frame coverage
⊖ High price
⊖ Not the best sharpness

If you take into account the zoom range and compatibility with full-frame cameras, the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM will surely impress you with its compact dimensions. Its DO classification is related to a design that integrates diffractive optics. That’s exactly why the lens is quite small.

In comparison with more conventional lens designs, the picture quality of this Canon Rebel T6 telephoto lens is inferior. So, if you are interested in a Canon telezoom lens and your budget isn’t tight, pay attention to the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM instead. Its telephoto range is shorter, but the clarity of pictures is better.

5. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L

Best wide angle lens for Canon Rebel T6
canon t6i lenses

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 9 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 0.95m | Max magnification: 0.15x | Filter thread: 82mm | Dimensions (WxL): 93.5 x 170.7mm | Weight: 1490g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Amazing sharpness from edge to edge
⊕ Top-notch build quality
⊕ Moisture- and dust-proof
⊕ Fluorine lens coating
⊖ You may notice distortion
⊖ Slight vignette

A lot of experienced wedding and event photographers praise the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom lens. Canon’s approach to design has been the gold standard for many years. But the newly released Nikon and Sony lenses are actually not far behind.

In terms of upgrade, Canon decided to take the minimalistic path. The optical performance of this Canon Rebel T6i zoom lens follows suit of the previous version of the lens. The manufacturer made changes to the barrel and introduced modern fluorine coating protection of the vulnerable elements.

6. Sigma 20mm F1.4

Best Canon T6I 50mm lens by Sigma
canon t6i lenses sigma

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 9 | Autofocus:Yes | Min focus distance: 0.27m | Max magnification: 0.14x | Filter thread: None | Dimensions (WxL): 90.7 x 129.8mm | Weight: 950g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Awesome sharpness from edge to edge
⊕ Minimizes distortion
⊕ Short minimum focus distance
⊕ Available for multiple systems
⊖ Dimmed edges and corners

Sigma’s Art series of f/1.4 prime lenses is known for consistent top-notch performance. The brand’s recent release, the 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art, is no different. This model is the best lens for Canon Rebel T6i as it is capable of taking incredibly wide and sharp shots and capturing plenty of light. With the close focus, it is possible to blur the background behind the subject and avoid visible barrel distortion. As for drawbacks, the edges and corners of the lens are dimmed, especially compared to the center. But you can always fix it in special software.

7. Altura Photo 8mm

Best Canon T6I compatible lens
canon t6i lenses altura

Mount: Canon EF | Diaphragm blades: 6 | Autofocus: Yes | Min focus distance: 0.19m | Max magnification: 0.17x | Filter thread: None| Dimensions (WxL): 69.2 x 39.2mm| Weight: 247g

rank rank Rating

⊕ Lightweight
⊕ Smooth and noiseless video focus
⊕ Sufficient sharpness
⊖ Slight vignette

The Professional Lens Series from Altura Photo has recently welcomed the 8MM F/3.0 Fisheye lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras (AP-8MN). Its build quality and performance are truly on point. Moreover, the lens is suitable for all photographers regardless of their skill level. Featuring a hybrid, aspherical element and multi-layer lens coating, the AP-8MN is likely to please with sharp shots and spectacular viewing angles.

If you attach the lens to an APS-C camera, you will achieve an eye-catching and unusual perspective. When paired with a full-frame camera, you are bound to get the well-known circular image that floats in the shot. Due to the sophisticated optics and enhanced design, I recommend the Altura Photo 8mm as one of the best Canon EOS Rebel T6i lenses for those interested in the fisheye effect.

Image Name Features  
canon t6i lenses canon ef 50mm
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Our choice
  • Mount: Canon EF
  • Diaphragm blades: 7
  • Autofocus: Yes
  • Min focus distance: 0.35m
CHECK PRICE
canon t6i lenses tamron sp
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3
Professional
  • Diaphragm blades: 9
  • Min focus distance: 0.22m
CHECK PRICE
canon t6i lenses canon ef 85mm
Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L
Budget
  • Diaphragm blades: 9
  • Min focus distance: 0.85m
CHECK PRICE

How to Choose the Best Lens for Canon Rebel T6I?

canon t6s lenses

Standard Lenses

Such lenses are typically classified as mid-range ones if we speak of focal lengths of approximately 50mm. Their angle of view resembles that of the human eye, which is why we often refer to such lenses as standard ones. They capture the scene and the subjects in a natural way. Besides, these lenses are perfect for shooting in poor lighting due to a wide aperture and fixed focal lengths.

Macro Lens

Macro lenses are meant for photographing subjects as close as possible in order to capture the smallest details. In comparison with standard lenses, macro ones are constructed differently. Macro lenses are notable for producing decent contrast and sharpness, as well as nice bokeh effects.

Telephoto Lens

The prominent characteristics of telephoto lenses are incredibly long focal lengths and increased magnification in order to photograph objects situated far away. In terms of size, telephoto lenses are more heavyweight and bulkier than lenses of other types.

Wide Angle Lens

Wide-angle lenses are in high demand as well. They attract photographers with their short focal length (approximately less than 40mm). But in case the focal length is smaller than 40mm, it should belong to the ultra-wide range.

Conclusion

canon t6s lenses

As an incredible photographer, you know what it takes to capture the subject in all its glory. But if you have a feeling that your work lacks something, it may be an appropriate lens (if you don’t already have one). With a properly picked lens, you will get a more enjoyable shooting process and improved quality of shots as a result. Don’t hesitate and invest in the best lens for Canon Rebel T6i to make the most out of your camera.

FAQ

• Is the Canon Rebel T6i a good camera?

When it comes to performance, the Canon T6i is an excellent DSLR for consumers. Single-shot AF performance is superb and rather speedy for its category. Center-point AF shutter lag clocked-in almost as fast as top-grade DSLRs.

• Are all Canon Rebel lenses interchangeable?

Yes. The lens, which is compatible with Rebel XT, will be suitable for Canon EOS 60D as well. These two cameras support the identical set of lenses (EF and EF-S only). But mind that Canon FD lenses are NOT interchangeable with the present Canon line.

• Can I use an EF lens on a Rebel?

Canon Rebel cameras offer compatibility with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses. L – indicates Canon’s professional line of lenses. Having a price higher than that of lenses for consumers, EF and EF-S models are suitable for Canon Rebel cameras. All of them use the Canon EF mount.

• Can old Canon Lens be used on DSLR?

All Canon EF lenses manufactured after 1987 are suitable for all Canon digital SLRs. However, the old FD mount lenses manufactured before 1987 aren’t compatible. The EF lenses feature electrical contacts at the back where they are connected to the camera.

SAVE UP TO 60% OFF SAVE UP TO 60% OFF